Debbie Israel's clients buy confidence. Because of her more than 20 years of litigation experience representing industry leaders in future-defining matters, Debbie has earned the trust of corporate leadership across the country, making her a sought-after adviser to decision-makers at the highest levels. She has extensive experience in complex commercial disputes in federal and state courts and arbitration tribunals.
Among Debbie’s clients are multinational enterprises, including Volvo Penta, Volvo Construction Equipment, Blue Line Equipment Rental, Britax Child Safety, Inc., and Legrand North America, Inc.
She serves on the Firm Management Committee and has dealt with many of the same budgeting, contracting, and regulatory issues as her corporate clients, all of which allow her to quickly grasp client problems and to form effective and efficient strategies for resolving them. She has extensive experience in cases involving commercial real estate, vendor and supplier relationships, financial services, and manufacturing.
Debbie is regularly recognized as a leader in her profession, earning her numerous accolades, including being named a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America – Trial Lawyer Honor Society, a designation given to less than one percent of all attorneys. Her unflinching drive keeps her clients a step ahead, allowing them to stay focused on what matters.
Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated, 2001-2018
Best Lawyers in America, 2016-2018
Super Lawyers, 2009-2018
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Lead courtroom counsel on trial team representing Andersen Corp., an international manufacturer of construction materials, in a hotly contested, fast paced $400 million dispute including TRO and injunction action in federal court (Newark, New Jersey). Successfully blocked distributor’s attempt to obtain a restraining order prohibiting manufacturer from terminating distributorship under New Jersey Franchise Practices Act.
- Lead trial counsel for Brinks, a publicly traded global provider of armored cars and security related services in facilities dispute.
- Regional trial counsel for Brookfield Real Estate Opportunity Fund, a wholly-owned subsidiary of a publically traded international real estate asset management company that invests in underperforming real estate in North America including office, retail, industrial, and multi-family.
- Lead counsel representing publicly traded national REIT specializing in acquisition, development, and management of commercial office buildings.
- Represented Ruiz Food Products, Inc. in a federal court suit in connection with a failed acquisition. Obtained dismissal of lawsuit.
- Represented Centex, a national homebuilder and developer, in litigation arising from three separate agreements for the sale of real property on claims for damages in excess of $98 million. Obtained summary judgment in favor of Centex and return of Centex’s earnest money deposit.