Employers turn to David for his advice on how to prevent employment problems in the workplace and for his assistance in solving problems when they arise. Having represented employers for more than 35 years, David has developed a breadth of knowledge and experience with regard to both state and federal employment and labor laws which allows him to provide seasoned guidance with regard to a wide spectrum of labor and employment issues.
David's clients are diverse and range from international and national companies to local businesses. They include a variety of industry sectors such as manufacturers, retailers, banks, hospitality-related companies and high tech entities. From large manufacturers to small startups, the issues and problems faced by employers are often similar, whether they involve advising management with regard to employment contracts, restrictive covenants or terminations, or defending against discrimination, discharge or wage claims, either in court or before state or federal agencies such as the Department of Labor or the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
David has been recognized as a Certified Specialist in Employment and Labor Law by the South Carolina Supreme Court and has been elected as a member of both the College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, where he serves on the College's 4th Circuit Court of Appeals Steering Committee, and the American Employment Law Council, a management only organization of experienced labor and employment attorneys and in-house counsel.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Defended numerous clients in lawsuits alleging various types of discrimination, including, most recently, an international construction company in a lawsuit alleging race discrimination.
- Defended various restaurants in US Department of Labor investigations and individual lawsuits alleging violation of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Advised a variety of clients including manufacturers, banks, construction companies, retailers and members of the hospitality industry with regard to employee terminations.
- Represented a national apartment developer before a state agency with regard to an allegation of discrimination in violation of state and federal fair housing laws.
- Represented various companies in defending claims of race, sex, age or disability discrimination or harassment before both the South Carolina Human Affairs Commission and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.