Connie’s clients appreciate her practical, common sense approach in assisting secured lenders resolve distressed debt both in and out of court. Connie is licensed to practice across the Southeast and routinely represents clients in North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia. Connie has thirty years of experience in all of the skills required to obtain resolution of defaulted credit, including modification of credit documents, forbearance agreements, suing obligor's on the debt in state and federal court, obtaining receivers, foreclosing on real and personal property and representing creditors in complex Chapter 11 Bankruptcy proceedings.
Among Connie’s clients are regional banks such as PNC Bank, national association and Fifth Third Bank; agricultural lenders such as Rabo Agrifinance, LLC; special servicers such as CW Capital Asset Management, LLC, and LNR Partners, LLC; and debt purchasers such as Summit Investment Management, LLC, LS Capital and LNR Partners, LLC.
Connie is recognized as one of the top bankruptcy attorneys in North Carolina, and has been named in The Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers and Legal Elite, as well as being ranked in Chambers USA for bankruptcy and restructuring. She serves on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Certification (“ABC”) for bankruptcy and restructuring specialists, and she is certified by the ABC as a creditor’s rights specialist.
Real Property Foreclosure: An In-Depth Walk-Through With Legal Considerations, National Business Institute, December 2011 and 2012.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Member of Bankruptcy Section, North Carolina and South Carolina Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Georgia Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Board Member, American Board of Certification for certifying bankruptcy & creditors’ rights specialists
- The Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers
- Chambers USA ranked attorney for Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Business North Carolina “Legal Elite,” Bankruptcy
- Certified Creditors’ Rights Specialist, American Board of Certification
- Charlotte Business Journal Top 25 Women in Business Award
- Business Leader magazine Movers & Shakers Award
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Lead counsel in litigation and bankruptcy filing on a $6.1 million debt secured by purchase money notes for mobile home lots and four residential developments.
- Lead counsel in suit seeking and obtaining receiver for an Atlanta manufacturing company after failed sale to a Spanish company.
- Lead counsel in workout and litigation involving a telecommunications company, including the sale of a division to an Indian company and pursuing arbitration against former customer of debtor.