Before becoming a solicitor, Clare was a police officer with Northumbria Police for several years. She qualified as a solicitor in the employment team in 2010. Clare advises both private and public sector clients on a full range of employment issues. Her work includes advising on unfair dismissal, redundancy, disciplinary and grievance issues and also drafting and negotiating settlement agreements.
Clare has tribunal advocacy experience having represented clients at hearings including claims of unfair dismissal and unlawful deduction from wages. She has a particular interest in discrimination claims and family friendly issues.
Examples of experience include:
- Providing day-to-day support to clients via helpline arrangements which involves advising on a wide range of matters such as handling disciplinary and grievance matters and managing sickness absence
- Representing a national motor retailer in a number of Employment Tribunal claims in England and Scotland
- Representing a national media company in a number of Employment Tribunal claims including unfair dismissal, sex and age discrimination
- Advising clients in relation to collective redundancy exercises and successfully defending a client’s unfair dismissal claim in the Employment Tribunal following a redundancy exercise, and
- Assisting NHS Trusts defend multiple equal pay claims.