Claire is a part of the firm's energy and natural resources team specialising in the commercial real estate element of renewable energy development work.
Her experience in real estate spans over a decade with a particular focus on renewable energy during the past seven years. Claire has been involved in a broad range of renewable energy projects which include generation projects for energy from waste, hydro, on-shore wind, off-shore wind, solar and energy storage. Claire has experience working within the renewables industry having previously worked as Head of Legal Counsel at British Solar Renewables Limited one of the UK's largest integrated solar developers. Claire has also undertaken a year secondment with a global renewable client where she was involved in on-shore wind developments and battery storage projects.
She has extensive experience in all aspects of renewable development ranging from drafting and advising on heads of terms to high level due diligence on acquisition, refinance and disposal projects. Her experience from working within the industry provides her with a unique commercial insight and detailed knowledge and understanding of the industry which enables her to provide pragmatic advice to clients.
Examples of experience include:
- Acting for developers, landowners and funders in a broad range of commercial property transactions
- Producing precedent documentation whilst working in-house including dealing with projects from initial site survey stages to lease completion and subsequent due diligence required in relation to asset finance transactions and asset disposal or acquisition
- Key involvement in the construction finance deal in respect of the UKs largest solar construction investment (at the time) for the construction of 56.5MW in an innovative joint venture approach with a leading national bank
- Advising on regeneration and development of regulated landfill sites including drafting template documentation for a large national waste management company, and
- Involvement in on shore and off shore wind projects as well as biomass and hydro projects.