Claire specialises in commercial law. She has particular experience of advising clients in relation to insurance commercial contracts, both from an insurer and an intermediary perspective.
Claire has in-house commercial insurance sector experience having previously worked as a senior lawyer in Ageas (UK) Limited's legal team and undertaken secondments to the AA and Zurich Insurance.
- A secondment to the financial services team at the Automobile Association where Claire was involved in the negotiation and drafting of: break-down services agreements to insurers and vehicle manufacturers; a business critical software licence and maintenance agreement for an MGA; and advising on other BAU contracts and legal issues
- Advising an insurer in relation to its agreement with a third party for the provision of FNOL verification and claims handling services
- Advising a Coverholder in relation to a Lloyds' delegated underwriting authority
- Drafting and negotiating a contract for web-based data collection and targeted marketing (including the negotiation of collateral licences and hosting agreements)
- Advising on an IAR appointment.