Chris is a dirt lawyer, and in that capacity, Chris counsels real estate developers, publicly traded home builders, real estate owners, banks, and insurance companies in how to successfully purchase, develop, manage, lease, finance, and sell real estate. Chris counsels commercial real estate clients as a member of the firm’s Real Estate Sector.
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- On behalf of an insurance company, closed a portfolio of construction loans in excess of $140M to construct a mixed use redevelopment of a historically significant furniture warehouse in Northeast Washington, DC.
- Represented a publicly traded home builder in the balance sheet sale of the client’s entire asset portfolio in North Carolina.
- Represented a federal development lending agency in negotiating an amendment to a construction loan agreement and assignment of construction documents for the construction of a hotel complex in Tbilisi, Republic of Georgia.
- Represented a charitable foundation in the simultaneous acquisition of four commercial shopping centers.
- Represented a private real estate developer in securing and closing a mix of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac financing for five apartment developments in 180 days.