With a legal career spanning more than two decades, Chris has developed a sophisticated superregional practice focusing in the areas of real estate finance and commercial lending. He has extensive experience in handling a variety of financial and other transactional matters on behalf of lenders, agent banks, borrowers, letter-of-credit issuers and other key players.
His real estate finance practice covers a wide array of property types including retail, office, multifamily, industrial and hotel, and includes both fee simple and ground lease financing. These transactions run the gamut from single-borrower, single-property loans to multi-state transactions involving multiple properties and complex borrower structures. Chris’s commercial lending practice includes revolving and term facilities, both secured and unsecured, and assetbased lending. He has experience with collateral of all types. He is deeply familiar with Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) and the methods of perfection thereunder. Chris also has substantial experience with lender and rating agency requirements as to bankrupcty-remote, single-purpose entities and associated legal.
In addition, Chris assists financial institutions in dealing with troubled assets and/or credits, including loan restructurings, workouts, note sales and dispositions of real estate-owned properties. In this context, he has negotiated workout and forbearance agreements and assisted clients in achieving successful recovery through sales of assets and/or refinancing of credits. Chris’s legal experience also includes natural resources, water rights and Native American issues.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented the administrative agent in the renewal of a $185 million syndicated credit facility to a truck and trailer leasing company.
- Represented the lender in a $115.5 million mortgage facility secured by an office building in the Atlanta, Georgia metropolitan area.
- Represented the lender in a $100 million mortgage portfolio loan secured by nine office and industrial properties located in seven states.
- Represented a manufacturing company in the refinancing of existing indebtedness with new senior term loan and asset-based facilities in the total amount of $147.5 million secured by all real and personal property assets, with priority as to shared collateral governed through an intercreditor arrangement.
- Represented a national banking association in connection with ongoing credit facilities to a textile company and its US and foreign subsidiaries, including a multicurrency facility to a European affiliate and a pledge of interests in an offshore subsidiary.