Charlie is a member of Womble Bond Dickinson’s GCSolutions team, which provides affordable, on-demand, scalable legal services to corporate law departments as well as small and medium-sized companies. Charlie is a business-minded attorney serving and advising a variety of clients through strategic analysis and negotiation of legal issues and critical agreements.
Charlie brings more than 15 years of experience to benefit clients. His experience includes serving as in-house counsel for a North Carolina school system, which at the time served more than 52,000 students and employed more than 7,000 individuals. In addition, Charlie served as counsel and advisor on scores of real estate transactions. He is especially knowledgeable about contract negotiation and principles. Charlie provides value to clients by providing practical, cost-effective counsel in the context of reviewing and drafting agreements.
Charlie enjoys advising clients about commercial real estate matters including leasing, acquisition, and subordination agreements. He is grateful to serve as outside general counsel to several businesses ranging in size from local single-owner businesses to multi-national companies with over $1 billion in annual revenue.
Professional and Civic Activities
- Rose Council, Wake Forest School of Law
- Future of Law Committee, North Carolina Bar Association
- Former Board of Directors, Arts Based School
- Former Board Member, Downtown Winston-Salem Partnership
- Former Board of Directors and Executive Committee, Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Past President, Wake Forest Winston-Salem Community
- Former Executive Committee member, Wake Forest University Alumni Council
- Former Board of Directors member, NAIOP Triad
- VP and Counsel, Commercial Realty Advisors, 2013-2018
- Assistant General Counsel, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, 2011-2013
- Attorney, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, LLP, 2009-2011