Catriona joined the firm in September 2003 working within the Property Litigation Team before joining the Leasehold Disputes Team in early 2006. Catriona qualified as FCILEx in June 2010 before going on to graduate from Northumbria University in 2013 with a law degree and post graduate Diploma in Legal Practice and was admitted to the role of solicitors in 2013.
Catriona specialises in complex and technical issues regarding covenants and provisions within leases and transfers, including breach of covenant, obtaining injunctions, court determinations.
She also specialises in dealing with retirement properties and dealing with circumstances where leaseholders/registered proprietors have passed away, lost capacity or cannot be found.
Catriona also deals with collection of service charge and ground rent arrears including dealing with advocacy, obtaining judgments, Section 146 notices, forfeiture actions, applications to the Land Registry, obtaining Charging Orders, evictions, peaceable re-entry, First Tier Tribunal applications and Civil Restraint Orders on behalf of clients. She is also experienced in dealing with debt recovery actions along with bankruptcy and IVA issues in relation to properties for her clients.
Catriona has experience of dealing with rent arrears actions for social housing clients including advocacy, applications to rely on out of time judgments, applications for evictions and attachment of earnings applications.
- Collection of service charge, ground rent and insurance arrears
- Dealing with debt recovery actions along with bankruptcy and IVA issues in relation to property
- Advocacy, obtaining judgments, service of Section 146 notices, forfeiture actions, applications to the Land Registry, obtaining Charging Orders, evictions, peaceable re-entry and First Tier Tribunal applications
- Complex and technical issues concerning covenants and provisions within leases and transfers
- Dealing with probate and capacity issues
- Recovery of Transfer and Contingency fees
- Obtaining General Civil Restraint Orders
- Preparing Lease and TP1 reviews
- Attachment of Earnings applications.