Casey joined in September 2014 as a legal apprentice within the Legal Solutions Centre (LSC) flex team. She rotated between sub-teams and successfully transitioned into a paralegal role within the Dispute Resolution Team. As a fee earner, she now has conduct of over 150 case files across a range of clients and sectors. From energy, to transport and the financial sector. I have also worked with internal client’s and shown a sound understanding of the business and the broader market sector.
In May 2017, Casey was successfully promoted to associate paralegal.
She is involved in a variety of networks including Devon Key Markets, the Women’s Network and Plymouth Junior Professionals. Casey is also undertaking CILEx studies with CILEx Law School alongside her employment.
Examples of experience include:
- Compiling bundles, indexing documents and assisting with disclosure
- Conducting market, legal and online research for various matters
- Ordering official copies and completing SIM searches via the Land Registry
- Preparation and maintenance of Extranets/HighQ/FTP sites for internal and external clients including:
- Adding and profiling documents to the site
- Maintaining an up-to-date index of documents.
- Drafting pleadings and routine Court filings to progress matters from commencement to conclusion (including bundles for trial and drafting Statements of Costs)
- Negotiating settlements/ repayment plans and drafting Settlement Agreements
- Conducting investigations to progress files
- Supervision and training of junior members of the team
- Visual files and case management amends and updates
- Issuing proceedings and obtaining Judgment
- Preparing Statutory Demands for Services and following through to Bankruptcy/ Winding-up Petitions
- Preparing instructions to Counsel.