Caroline advises private clients including entrepreneurs, agricultural clients and lottery winners, their families and trusts on the whole range of private client issues with particular emphasis on succession planning and asset protection. She acts as Trustee for a number of substantial family and charitable trusts and as Executor for many estates. She has spent her entire career in Yorkshire and is a member of STEP, having served on the Yorkshire Committee.
- Over many years, a family with numerous trusts established to pass wealth down the generations, acting as Trustee and dealing with contentious issues as family interests diverged
- The Executors of a contentious and substantial estate, guiding them through various Court applications by a disinherited family member and facilitating an agreed outcome
- Two generations of a family with assets of circa £50m, some held through offshore trusts, on issues of taxation, succession and capacity
- Family with assets of circa £30m on succession strategy including Family Investment Companies and liaising with foreign lawyers regarding assets in other jurisdictions
- Entrepreneurs with private company shares worth circa £30m on establishing a range of structures for IHT planning.
Caroline is recommended in Legal 500 and Chambers