Bruce Buckley has over 35 years of experience in a broad range of commercial real estate transactions and issues - from the simple to the complex - dealing with shopping centers, office buildings, multi-family apartments, and industrial sites. He has represented buyers, sellers, developers, lenders, landlords and tenants in matters involving the acquisition, sale and development of commercial properties, in leases and ground leases, in acquisition, construction and permanent financings, in loan workouts, and in general corporate matters.
Bruce is proud of being a “dirt lawyer” and particularly enjoys sorting through and addressing the unique title issues presented by each property being acquired by his clients.
Much of Bruce’s work serves existing clients of the firm, as they deal with the real estate aspects of their property holdings and their expansions and acquisitions.
During his college years, Bruce had the privilege of playing four years as a scholarship athlete for the legendary basketball coach Dean Smith at the University of North Carolina.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Acquisitions, sales and financings of numerous multi-family apartment properties for a regional owner/investor.
- Acquisitions of properties for development of a data center and solar farm for a national client.
- Local enforceability opinions and document review for borrowers in multi-state financing transactions.
- Acquisitions, financings and sales of commercial properties for a long-term firm client, including tax-exchange acquisitions of leased investment parcels.
- Due diligence and title review projects for portfolio property acquisitions.