Anna is a Managing Associate and qualified barrister in the London Commercial Disputes team. She acts for clients in relation to complex international commercial disputes across a range of sectors. Anna’s experience includes advising on matters involving a variety of jurisdictions including Eastern Europe, Russia, Australia, Asia, the BVI, the United States and South America.
Anna has a degree in Classics from University of Cambridge and was called to the Bar (Inner Temple) in 2009.
Prior to entering private practice, Anna practised from chambers in London, specialising in criminal, extradition and related judicial review work. In 2013 she entered private practice, and has worked for two international law firms in London, representing both companies and high net worth individuals, with a particular focus on international arbitration and cases before the Commercial Court in London.
Examples of experience include:
- Enforcing an arbitration award worth approximately €150 million in various jurisdictions, including work in the United States, Luxembourg, the Cayman Islands, Malta and England
- Successfully resisting a challenge brought under s68 Arbitration Act 1996 to part of an award worth approximately €35 million
- LCIA arbitration in respect of an alleged embargo imposed by a North African government on LNG exports
- Advising in relation to expropriations in both Asia and South America
- LCIA arbitration arising out of the liquidation of a private equity fund based in the BVI which held assets in the CIS and Balkan regions
- Civil contempt proceedings arising out of successful applications for Norwich Pharmacal relief and an investigation into hacking of email accounts
- Representing a company subject to criminal investigation for breach of EU regulations, including drafting submissions against charge and dealing with MLA requests
- Representing a global mining company in a claim against one of its former directors for beach of his duties and defending a libel counterclaim
- Resisting enforcement of a Russian judgment in England, including a worldwide freezing order
- Assisting insurers in negotiating trade finance deals with various banks