Ana assists domestic and foreign clients in a wide range of corporate issues. She has a strong background in representing some of the largest and most well-known sponsors of private equity funds. She has worked on a wide range of high-profile fundraisings across all types of asset classes on the formation, marketing, management and regulatory compliance of domestic and offshore private equity funds, funds-of-funds, co-investment vehicles and other investment arrangements, as well as the operational, legal, federal tax and regulatory implications faced by their sponsors.
In addition to her private equity experience, Ana also offers general corporate representation to companies for their various corporate needs. This includes assisting with private debt and equity offerings, as well as drafting formation and charter documents, operating agreements, corporate bylaws, limited liability company agreements, partnership agreements, board resolutions, minutes and general transaction documentation.
Furthermore, Ana has extensive experience conducting due diligence examinations and is proficient in preparing and negotiating various transactional and financial documents, including loan documents, credit agreements, UCC financing statements, commercial contracts, financing agreements, real and personal property agreements, litigation and legal proceedings documentation, as well as sale, purchase and non-disclosure agreements.
With her comprehensive knowledge and expertise, Ana is well-equipped to handle the operational, legal, federal tax, and regulatory implications faced by private equity fund sponsors, as well as the diverse needs of companies seeking general corporate representation. She brings a wealth of experience in supporting clients throughout the entire lifecycle of their investment arrangements and corporate transactions.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Counseled Blackstone in the operation of its Blackstone Tactical Opportunities investment program on the federal tax and regulatory implications of a broad range of transactions in connection with the structuring and formation of its BTO IV fund and other investment vehicles.
- Counseled Blackstone Capital Partners in the establishment and fundraising processes of BCP IX, BCP Asia II and BCP Special Opportunities Fund III.
- Counseled Lexington Partners in the establishment of the $25 billion Lexington Capital Partners X in all aspects of its fundraising process, including setting up co-investment vehicles, conducting investor negotiation of side letters, Limited Partnership, Subscription, Distribution, and Management Agreements, and leading the investor onboarding process.
- Counseled Macquarie Infrastructure in the establishment and fundraising of MIP V’s and MIP VI’s co-investment vehicles.
- Counseled Stonepeak in the establishment of its Asia Infrastructure Fund.
- Represented issuers and investment banking firms in connection with private equity and debt offerings of companies valued at approximately $300 million.
- Represented private equity firms in purchasing transactions of companies across various sectors, ranging from approximately $500 million to $3 billion. Prepared purchase and sale agreements and conducted due diligence examination of companies’ contracts and organization documents.
- Counseled asset management lenders in negotiations of credit agreements and amendments.
- Counseled issuer natural gas company in connection with the placement of shares of common stock with an aggregate sales price of approximately $200,000,000. Drafted registration statement on Form S-3, distribution agreement, opinion, and certificates.
- Counseled the underwriters of issuer petroleum company in connection with the offering of senior notes with an aggregate principal amount of approximately $650,000,000. Prepared purchase agreement, indenture, comfort letters, opinions, and certificates.
- Counseled issuer landscaping company in the secondary offering of common stock shares with an aggregate offering price of approximately $132, 500,000.
- Counseled issuer utility company in senior notes offering with an aggregate offering price of approximately $400,000,000. Prepared principal offering documents, securities agreements, opinions, pricing documents, and auditor documents.
- Adjunct Professor, Baylor University School of Law