Amir specialises in IT and technology related matters, and has extensive international experience providing strategic advice to clients on all aspects of structuring and negotiating complex high-value commercial contracts.
Amir began his career in private practice in the US. He relocated to the UK in 2013, and has spent more than a decade working in both countries in various roles on the procurement and global legal teams of one of the world's largest financial institutions, including serving as the Head of IT Legal for Customer Platforms & Digital. In that capacity Amir was the global lead lawyer for digital commercial contracting work associated with multiple retail and commercial business lines.
Amir works with companies of all types – ranging from promising fintech start-ups to globally-traded public companies – on solutions related to:
- Hardware/Software licensing
- Hosted and cloud services
- Digital transformation
- Mobile applications
- Emerging technologies
- Distributed ledger technology
- Professional services
Amir is a US-qualified lawyer, licensed to practice law as a member of the State Bar of Illinois and the General Bar of the US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois. He has degrees from Indiana University (Bachelor of Arts), Ohio Northern University (Law), and The John Marshall Law School (Master of Laws, Honours).
Examples of experience include advising:
- Leading the roll-out of a $5 billion global facilities management outsourcing agreement which generated a 9-figure savings over the life of the contract, managed more than $400 million in annual third-party utility billing, consolidated 500 separate vendors and 6,000 annual invoices, implemented a global technology platform to monitor performance and health and safety issues, identified more than 2 million kWh of energy savings, and ensured the consistent delivery of services across 70 countries.
- Working with a number of Fintech companies on a $500 million project to enable the transformation of almost 200 legacy tools/applications into a single joined-up digital system involving Open API architecture, cloud hosting, and blockchain elements, resulting in faster transactions for customers, increased revenue growth, and reduced operational and IT costs.
- Implementing strategic partnership and licensing arrangements for a new streamlined electronic Euro-clearing system and enhancements to the platform used to process an excess of 272 million debit and credit transactions annually valued at over €30 billion across 12 European countries.
- Negotiating more than $157 million in various software licensing, pilot testing, and maintenance agreements.
- Working with multiple major search-engine vendors to initiate more than $100 million in targeted online credit card advertising campaigns.
- Led legal streamlining efforts associated with the accelerated renewal over a 6 week period of 290 agreements covering 1,500+ IT consultants and a spend of $50 million, saving an estimated $250,000 in legal costs.
- Putting a $97 million amendment to global agreement in place to renew the annual security privileges and access for 800+ worldwide IT consultants.
- Negotiating advertising services contracts worth more than $50 million for interactive digital and static-print branding campaigns used in three major US-based international airports.
- Completed an $18 million service agreement for the physical transfer, storage, protection, scanning, and disposal of files and digital back-ups containing non-public personal and healthcare information of millions of retail customers.
- Fast-tracked a multi-million dollar secured cash transport agreement for funds used in United Nations Haitian earthquake emergency relief operations.
"I often work with legal counsel from large financial institutions and Fortune 500 companies and Amir is among the best with whom I have worked. His professionalism, high work quality, efficiency and understanding that contract negotiations are about creating win win situations was truly impressive."