Alex has advised public and private companies on corporate, securities, M&A, capital markets, spin-off, reorganization and partnership transactions for more than 20 years, with particular focus on advising commercial real estate companies, REITs, hospitality/lodging companies, governmental contracting and IT companies. He has served as counsel to issuers and underwriters for dozens of public company REITs in more than 80 public and private-capital raising transactions.
Alex has broad experience in public and private mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures for real estate companies, serving as advisor in numerous high-profile transactions. He also provides general securities law and governance advice for public companies.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Hilton Grand Vacation in connection with its spin-off from Hilton Worldwide in a $9.0 billion reorganization transaction.
- Archstone in its $22.2 billion acquisition by Tishman Speyer and Lehman Brothers.
- Trizec Properties in its $8.9 billion acquisition by Brookfield and Blackstone.
- Various underwriters in debt and equity offerings by Equity Residential in the aggregate amount of over $10.0 billion.
- Equity Office in over $2.0 billion of debt offerings.