*Mr. Frank is not licensed to practice law. His activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law.
Aaron Frank is a land planner in the firm’s real estate practice group’s land use team. Aaron helps clients obtain land use entitlements such as rezoning and special use permit approvals by managing projects and supporting attorneys. Aaron provides research in various land use and zoning-related matters; he authors zoning reports for borrowers and lenders, writes zoning interpretation and verification letters to obtain accurate and advantageous property information from local governments, and has a keen eye in analyzing property plats and real estate documents. Aaron has a deep familiarity with local government processes and often leads conversations with municipalities when necessary during real estate matters.
Prior to joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Aaron worked for the Town of Chapel Hill as their Senior Planner where, among other things, he authored a Development Agreement between the Town of Chapel Hill and the University of North Carolina for joint development. In North Carolina, Northern Virginia and Arizona, Aaron has worked on entitlements for complex Rezoning, Special Use Permit, Text Amendment and other development project types.
With experience in local government politics, Aaron can navigate development approval processes, and is a proficient project manager with site planning skills and works collaboratively with other design professionals on development projects.
Aaron earned his Master’s in Urban and Regional Planning (MURP) from Virginia Tech, and has a Bachelor’s Degree in Geography from the University of Mary Washington.
- Chapel Hill Transportation and Connectivity Advisory Board
- Friends of Mountains to Sea
- American Institute of Certified Planners, 2016-Present
- American Planning Association, 2015-Present
- LEED Green Associate, 2012-2017
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented corporations and individuals in obtaining rezoning, special use permit, site plan, and other land use entitlements in multiple jurisdictions in North Carolina and Northern Virginia.
- Represented corporation in controversial conditional zoning application in response to a government-initiated downzoning.
- Lead entitlement projects through conception, stakeholder engagement, staff review, local approval.
- Authored numerous zoning reports to advise property purchase of multi-million dollar, multi-property portfolio.
- Drafted zoning verification and zoning interpretation letters to obtain accurate and advantageous property diligence.