BALTIMORE—Womble Carlyle attorneys have a long track record of being “innovators at law.” Now, The Daily Record has selected the firm as one of its 2016 Innovators of the Year.
The Daily Record’s Innovators of the Year are Maryland businesses that “have created new products, services or programs that have had a positive effect on business, industry or the community.”
Womble Carlyle’s track record of client service-based innovations includes:
- The Case Management Facility (CMF), the pioneer of innovative and cost-effective approaches to managing multi-jurisdictional high-stakes litigation. The CMF manages case knowledge, building an online file cabinet of correspondence, pleadings, transcripts, exhibits, research memoranda, and other attorney work product. The online file cabinet serves as the foundation for CMF attorneys to provide the “big picture” perspective, and layer on their experience for trend-spotting, project management, and benchmarking in accordance with the client’s business goals.
- FirmLogic, a medical and scientific service of Womble Carlyle. FirmLogic collects medical records and physical evidence, performs medical research and analysis, audits coding and clinical documentation, retrieves medical and scientific literature, vets medical experts, reviews and codes medical documents, serves as a neutral settlement administrator, and offers a secure, easy-to-use litigation support management system developed using state-of-the-art technology.
- BullDox, a team comprised of litigation partners with extensive experience advising clients on e-discovery matters and developing model rules for e-discovery through state and federal bars and the Sedona Working Group for E-Discovery. More than 150 full-time document reviewers work in dedicated facilities for document review work.
- Trial Consulting, combining the science of psychology and technical experience with proven legal knowledge.
- Impact Economy Team. Womble Carlyle was the first law firm in the country to create a multi-disciplinary team devoted to serving the Impact Economy—businesses and investors, who combine the desire to address a social problem with wealth creation.
The firm’s latest client-focused innovation is a global alliance with UK firm Bond Dickinson. Through the Alliance, clients can access a single source of support for domestic legal, regulatory and business advice in both the U.S. and UK, as well as for the issues that arise when they participate in the cross-border US–UK business.
“At Womble Carlyle, we constantly are looking for better ways to help our clients succeed,” said David Hamilton, Managing Partner of Womble Carlyle’s Baltimore Office. “Our clients are innovators, and they deserve nothing less from their legal counsel.”