LAS VEGAS—The 33rd annual Global Power Markets Conference is the energy sector’s leading event for power investors and developers. Womble Bond Dickinson was well represented at the conference, as Joe Tirone, co-leader of the firm’s transatlantic Energy and Natural Resources Sector Team was in attendance.
Session topics at the Global Power Markets Conference included:
- How soon will new technologies, business models, and competitive threats permanently change the way the electric power sector does business?
- Utility-scale solar, energy storage, and offshore wind–Which markets have the greatest growth opportunities?
- Emerging power market investment–Africa, Latin America, and Mexico
- Power M&A–Canada goes global, US looks within.
- US power markets––Are long-term attributes appropriately valued?
- Project finance– Is there a wall of money looking for projects?
In addition, Womble Bond Dickinson held an after-hours client and colleague event in conjunction with the conference.
The Global Power Markets Conference took place April 9-11 in Las Vegas.
Womble Bond Dickinson’s Energy and Natural Resources Sector Team provides a full range of legal services related to upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas; conventional and renewable electricity generation; energy service; energy infrastructure; energy trading; negotiation of energy purchase agreements and related hedging arrangements; Electricity, gas and water utilities; energy industry licensing and permitting issues; and energy-related patents and IP protection.
Joe Tirone is the co-leader of Womble Bond Dickinson’s Energy & Natural Resources Sector. His practice focuses on energy project and infrastructure development, mergers and acquisitions and project finance. He has represented energy sector companies in structuring, negotiating and drafting a range of complex contracts and agreements. Tirone also advises retail electricity and gas suppliers on many commercial and regulatory aspects of their businesses.