CHARLESTON, S.C.--Womble Bond Dickinson Partner, C. Allen Gibson, Jr., was a panelist at the 2017 Construction Financial Management Association Carolinas Construction Conference in late October at the Grandover Conference Center in Greensboro, NC. The presentation focused on the new 2017 AIA construction contracts.
Panel topics included:
- Owner/Contractor Documents (April 2017 Update)
- Significant Changes A201-General Conditions
- Significant Changes A101-Lump Sum Owner/Contractor Agreement
- Significant Changes A401-Standard Contractor/Subcontractor Agreement
- 5 Biggest Risks facing Contractors in next 12 Months
C. Allen Gibson, Jr. has more than 35 years of trial experience in state and federal courts as well as in arbitration proceedings. He represents a wide variety of businesses involved in the construction industry including owners, developers, design professionals, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers and sureties. Allen has extensive experience negotiating contracts on behalf of his clients. In addition, he provides advice and counsel on dispute resolution, payment claims, delay claims and other issues impacting construction projects. He also represents manufacturers who supply products to the construction industry. Allen is an active mediator and arbitrator of construction disputes and has provided these services for parties throughout the country.