MONTEREY, CALIF.—Womble Bond Dickinson attorney Ted Claypoole spoke at the 2018 Telecom Executive Forum, presented by NTCA—the Rural Broadband Association.
Claypoole addressed the half-day Cyber Wise Workshop, which focused on what every rural telco should know about cyber risk assessment and mitigation, as well as strategies for threat response and recovery. Specific topics included:
- Cyber Risk Management in the Real World;
- Principles of Risk Management;
- Executive Perspectives on the NIST Framework;
- Fundamentals of Response and Recovery
- Preview of the NTCA Cybersecurity Bundle for Executive Leaders; and
- Evaluating Cyber Insurance Policies.
Claypoole’s presentation took place March 13.
Womble Bond Dickinson will lead future Cyber Wise Workshops at upcoming NTCA events as well.
Ted Claypoole is a senior member of Womble Bond Dickinson’s Intellectual Property Practice Group and leads the firm's Privacy and Data Protection Industry Team. He negotiates and prepares data management, business process outsourcing and e-commerce agreements for his clients. Claypoole routinely talks to business and legal associations across the country on data security issues and is a frequent author on the topic