Six Womble Bond Dickinson attorneys have been ranked in the 2019 list of the IFLR1000 United States. The attorneys, and the practice areas in which they are ranked, are as follows:
- Melinda Davis Lux (M&A)—Davis Lux provides guidance on sophisticated merger, acquisition, and joint venture transactions. She has exceptional depth of experience working for global companies and with cross border M&A transactions, particularly in Europe, South America, and Asia.
- Trent Jernigan (Real Estate)—Jernigan helps clients acquire, finance, develop, lease, manage and sell commercial real estate, representing brand name clients within the institutional investment and private-equity arenas, national and regional big-box retailers, public companies, sophisticated developers and real estate sponsors and investors. He is the leader of Womble Bond Dickinson’s Real Estate Practice Group, as well as the firm’s US Timberland and Agricultural Resources Team.
- Tom Lee (Capital Markets: Debt; Capital Markets: Equity)— Lee has more than 35 years of experience in providing legal guidance on billions of dollars of North Carolina-based municipal bond transactions ranging from bond issues for basic infrastructure such as schools, water and sewer facilities, power plants, roads and airports, to highly structured transactions for home ownership and residential rental housing.
- Chris Leon (Banking, M&A)—Leon practices primarily in the areas of corporate and real estate finance, mergers and acquisitions, and other commercial transactions. His clients include public and private businesses in the financial services, manufacturing, agribusiness, retail sales, consumer products, and health care industries.
- Sid Shenoy (Capital Markets: Debt; Capital Markets: Equity)— Shenoy, Co-Chair of the firm’s Public Company Advisors Team, focuses his practice on the representation of public companies in securities transactions, including offerings of debt and equity securities, tender offers, exchange offers, and repurchases, as well as mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. He also counsels clients with respect to ongoing SEC compliance and related corporate governance matters.
- Matthew Ward (Restructuring and Insolvency)—Ward has extensive experience serving as primary counsel for numerous public and private companies, guiding them through all aspects of complex Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 proceedings, assignments for the benefit of creditors, or reorganizations out of court. He also serves as Managing Partner of the firm’s Wilmington, Del. office.
The IFLR1000 has been producing legal market intelligence since 1990 and remains the only international legal directory dedicated to ranking law firms and lawyers on the basis of financial and corporate transactional work.