RALEIGH, N.C.—Womble Bond Dickinson partner Sid Shenoy was a panelist at the first-ever North Carolina Bar Association Minorities in the Profession (MIP) Committee Diversity & Inclusion Symposium. The event took place May 18 in Raleigh.
The Diversity & Inclusion Symposium was a new MIP event geared toward providing attorneys traditionally underrepresented in the law as well as allies of these individuals with the tools and strategies necessary to thrive in the legal profession and to effectively champion inclusion within their organizations. Through a panel presentation, breakout sessions, and guest speaker remarks, attendees learned and engaged in dialogue on topics such as:
- How to Make the Business Case for Diversity In Your Organization;
- Systemic Challenges Women, Ethnic Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and/or others Traditionally Underrepresented in the Legal Profession Face in the Workplace and How to Overcome these Roadblocks;
- The Important Role of Allies in Diversity & Inclusion;
- How In-House Counsel Are Uniquely Positioned to Create D&I Opportunities;
- Leveraging Diversity & Hiring/Recruitment Committees and Creating Business Development Opportunities;
- The Road Ahead: Challenges and Successes in Advocating for Inclusion.
Judge Allyson K. Duncan of the U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, was the special guest speaker. Other panelists included in-house counsel from The Fresh Market, Inc.; Cisco; Chiesi USA, Inc.; RailInc; and COBX among others.
Shenoy is a co-founder and current President of the Charlotte Asian Pacific American Bar Association (CAPABA), an affiliate chapter of the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA). He also was a panelist at the 2017 Minority Corporate Counsel Association (MCCA) Creating Pathways to Diversity Conference in New York, NY. At Womble Bond Dickinson, he serves as Chair of the Womble Inclusion Network (WIN) and also serves on the Diversity Committee and Professionalism Committee.
Sid Shenoy, Co-Chair of the firm’s Public Company Advisors Team, focuses his practice on the representation of public companies in securities transactions, including offerings of debt and equity securities, tender offers, exchange offers, and repurchases, as well as mergers and acquisitions and other strategic transactions. He also counsels clients with respect to ongoing SEC compliance and related corporate governance matters.