CHARLESTON, SC—2019 is proving to be a busy year for economic development in South Carolina, with unemployment at historically low levels and new projects springing up around the state. However, challenges linger and more work remains to be done.
On Friday, June 14, Womble Bond Dickinson once again will host the annual South Carolina Economic Development Summit. Attorney Stephanie Yarbrough, one of the region’s leading economic development attorneys and thought leaders, is the organizer of the annual summit.
This year’s sessions will include:
- Real Estate in South Carolina—Growth, Forecast and Challenges . This panel discussion will include CBRE Senior Vice President Robert Barrineau, Colliers Vice President Mark Erickson and Bridge Commercial Vice President Hagood Morrison II. Womble Bond Dickinson attorney Kevin Trimpe will moderate this session.
- The Future of Work . Stephanie Yarbrough moderates a panel featuring JLL Managing Director Lee Allen, Volvo Corporate Communications Manager Stephanie Mangini and Blackbaud Director of Global Corporate Real Estate Otto Orr.
- WBD Lobby—Inside the Statehouse . Stephanie Yarbrough will moderate a discussion with WBD Lobby’s John DeWorken on how state lawmakers are shaping legislation that will impact economic development in South Carolina.
- Life Sciences in the Lowcountry . Nephron Pharmaceuticals CEO Lou Kennedy, SCBIO President and CEO Sam Konduros and Gateway Development Services President Mack Reese will speak on the latest biotech, pharma and medical device trends, with Stephanie Yarbrough moderating.
- Boeing South Carolina—It’s Been 10 Years . Mark Fava, Chief Counsel for Boeing’s South Carolina Site, will discuss the aviation industry leader’s first 10 years in South Carolina.
- Balancing Culture and Scale . A discussion led by Brad Little, Blackbaud’s Managing Director for Consumer Solutions US. Little also is the former Group Head of FMCG, Entertainment and Automotive, at Facebook.
The 2019 Womble Bond Dickinson South Carolina Economic Development Summit takes place at The Daniel Island Club in Charleston. For more information or to register, please contact Stephanie Yarbrough at Stephanie.Yarbrough@wbd-us.com .
Stephanie Yarbrough has played a role in many of South Carolina’s largest economic development deals of the past 20 years. She works closely with companies seeking to expand or relocate operations to the Carolinas and the Southeastern United States. Her efforts on behalf of clients have led to the creation of thousands of new jobs and billions of dollars in new investments. When the New York Times profiled Charleston’s economic boom in 2017, Yarbrough was one of the local leaders the Times turned to for insight.
Kevin Trempe is an experienced transactions attorney who has advised clients in corporate, capital markets and economic development matters. Kevin works with domestic and international businesses in all sectors seeking to locate or expand their operations in the Southeastern United States.