Reinhardt has particular experience in the areas of printers, digital cameras and the automotive industry. He earned his MS degree in Civil Engineering from the University of New Mexico, where he graduated summa cum laude.
He joins an IP team of nearly 90 attorneys and patent professionals.
The team’s Mechanical Patent services include:
- Preparing and prosecuting both US and international patent applications
- Performing validity/invalidity, infringement/non-infringement, freedom-to-operate, design around, and patentability studies
- Preparing and prosecuting US Reissue applications
- Preparing, prosecuting and/or defending inter partes reviews, post-grant reviews, derivation proceedings, ex parte reexamination applications and interferences
- Managing and prosecuting foreign patent applications, through foreign counsel, including strategic European oppositions
- Litigating patent disputes
- Conducting IP portfolio due diligence reviews, including opportunities with third parties as well as internal reviews and audits
- Offering strategic guidance regarding the intersections of patent law with antitrust law
- Helping clients capitalize on the value of their intellectual property in the marketplace
“Womble Carlyle is known as an industry leader in intellectual property,” Reinhardt said. “I’m excited about being part of this outstanding team.”