WILMINGTON, DEL.—The Delaware Combined Campaign for Justice recognized Womble Bond Dickinson for its support at the recent 2018 CCJ Appreciation Breakfast.
The firm received two awards: one for having 100% participation in the CCJ’s annual appeal, and another for having the most improvement of participation from the previous year among similarly-sized firms.
Mark Desgrosseilliers and Daniel Attaway accepted the awards on behalf of Womble Bond Dickinson.
Since 1999, the Combined Campaign for Justice (CCJ) has been a coordinated approach to fundraising to support Delaware’s three nonprofit legal aid agencies, ensuring statewide and coordinated legal representation to:
- Reduce domestic violence by helping victims obtain protective orders;
- Prevent homelessness by defending eviction and foreclosure actions;
- Eradicate housing discrimination through enforcement of state and federal housing discrimination laws;
- Advocate for the rights of children with significant disabilities in their schools and communities, and with the government agencies that serve them; and
- Protect disadvantaged people with consumer cases that involve exploitation and fraud.