The BTI Consulting Group has named Womble Carlyle as one of the country’s top law firms for cybersecurity and data privacy in a new report.
The BTI Law Firms Best at Cybersecurity report places Womble Carlyle on its 2017 Honor Roll of Cybersecurity Law Firms. The 56 firms on the list were identified via in-depth interviews with top legal decision-makers at organizations with $1 billion or more in annual revenue.
Womble Carlyle’s multi-disciplinary Cyber & Privacy Law Team consists of more than 20 lawyers who practice data privacy law across a broad range of sectors including the financial, manufacturing, professional, health-care, education, telecommunications, utility and governmental sectors. Team members help clients:
- Identify their obligations under the diverse range of state, federal and international laws and regulations that govern data privacy, cyber security, internet and telecommunications marketing and advertising, and international data transfers.
- Minimize legal and contractual risks associated with cyber security, data privacy and marketing restrictions.
- Create plans and train leadership teams to respond to data breaches and other crises confidently and professionally.
- Manage responses to government regulatory or criminal inquiries and investigations.
- Aggressively protect our clients’ interests in court or before government agencies across the spectrum of litigation challenges related to data privacy and cyber security.
Click here to watch a series of short videos on Privacy in the Age of Big Data, hosted by Womble Carlyle Cyber & Privacy Law attorney Ted Claypoole and former White House CIO Theresa Payton and star of the CBS television show “Hunted” Theresa Payton.