Womble Carlyle attorney Ashley Kutz Kelley is the course planner and moderator for the upcoming “Recent Developments in Labor and Employment Law” seminar.
In addition, Adriane Belton will help lead a presentation on “How Employers Can Avoid and/or Mitigate Fines for Violation of Immigration Laws, and Tips on Electronic I-9 Vendor Selection” at the seminar.
Other topics include
- New NLRB Election Rules
- A Positive and Constructive Discussion about Recognizing and Combating Depression and Substance Abuse in the Legal Field
- Defamation: Plaintiff’s and Defendant’s Perspectives
- OSHA Developments
- EEOC Position on Criminal Background Checks
- The Fine Line of Non-Competes in South Carolina
- Mandatory Arbitration Provisions in Employment Agreements
The event takes place on Friday, May 15th at the SC Bar Conference Center in Columbia
Ashley Kutz Kelley is an experienced litigator with a broad-ranging practice in federal and state courts, including business, commercial, financial, employment, product liability, and judgment enforcement matters. Ashley practices in Womble Carlyle’s Charleston office. She recently was named a member of the 2014 Class of the Charleston Regional Business Journal Forty Under 40.
Adriane Belton regularly advises employers regarding issues relating to immigration compliance, discrimination, harassment, payment of wages, employment agreements and documentation. She also represents corporate clients in admiralty and maritime matters, as well as general business litigation. Belton practices in Womble Carlyle’s Charleston, SC office.