Mirna J. Scheffy has extensive litigation experience involving complex product liability, environmental, employment, and toxic tort litigation. She defends Fortune 500 corporations in high-risk litigation, including employers, premise owners, and manufacturers of products and equipment.
Clients entrust Mirna to develop strategies for trial and discovery in complex litigation, and her practice encompasses all aspects of litigation, from the pleading stage through trial and settlement. She is skilled in early risk evaluation and using leverage to negotiate favorable settlements on behalf of clients and large insurance companies.
Mirna makes frequent court appearances in federal and state courts across California. She has deposed hundreds of plaintiffs, percipient, and expert witnesses, and has successfully argued various motions, including summary judgment motions, pretrial motions, motions to compel, and demurrers. She has successfully defended her clients, resolving many cases through dispositive motions, mediation, and settlement conferences.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Lisa Castillo, et al. v. John Crane Inc., et al., Superior Court of California, San Francisco County
- Keith and Joy Ann Turley v. Ameron International Corporation, et al., Superior Court of California, Alameda County
- Richard Whittenburg and Shuiyu Hu Whittenburg v. John Crane Inc., et al., Superior Court of California, County of Solano
- John Perniz and Mary Beth Perniz v. Sequoia Ventures, Inc. et al., Superior Court of California, County of San Francisco
- State Bar of California
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
- Georgetown University Alumni Association
- American Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants, 2023-2024