Our expertise in life sciences and pharmaceutical law
Life sciences and pharmaceutical law firm specialities
With the busy life sciences sector spanning an impressive number of specialisations, be assured that as a life sciences law firm, we have experience working alongside companies in the areas of pharmaceuticals, animal health, biodefense and more.
Our multidisciplinary team also serves clients as a biotechnology law firm and medical device law firm, and many of our professionals have gained first-hand experience at companies in the industry, having worked as in-house counsel and scientists, as well as former patent examiners and FDA regulators. This varied and in-depth industry experience has allowed us to become one of the best life sciences law firms, capable of taking our clients’ businesses to new heights.
On top of these qualifications, our pharmaceutical law firm is also a long-time sponsor of the Pharmaceutical Trade Marks Group (PTMG), a UK-based organisation of brand professionals working in the pharmaceutical space. This not for profit organisation includes in-house trademark attorneys at many of the largest pharmaceutical companies and meets regularly to discuss problems relating to the pharmaceutical industry, giving us a direct and trustworthy source of up-to-date information.
Life sciences and pharmaceutical law firm legal services
Through Womble Bond Dickinson’s connection to PTMG and the scientific background of many of our professionals, we have developed a detailed understanding of this incredibly specialised sector. Due to this, our life sciences law firm is able to provide more effective and efficient analyses and advice to our clients.
Between the Womble Bond Dickinson life sciences law firm and our pharmaceutical law firm, our lawyers have extensive experience in the following disciplines:
- Counselling international, innovator pharmaceutical companies and representing them in Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) litigation and inter partes proceedings
- Providing further FDA regulatory support to international companies by utilising our pharmaceutical law firm lawyers’ in-depth scientific knowledge of drugs, biologics, and medical devices, as well as cutting-edge biosimilars and regenerative therapies
- Providing litigation support from both legal and technical perspectives with our life science intellectual property law firm team
- Handling complex transactional issues and giving general client advice regarding a wide range of corporate and commercial concerns within the pharmaceutical industry
- Investigating and procuring patents on behalf of pharmaceutical and life sciences clients, utilising our dedicated trademarks, database and copyright team
- Utilising our life science law firms far-reaching experience to advise clients within the pharmaceutical and life sciences industry on their intellectual property rights
- Providing a comprehensive and practical approach to advising and defending against tort law cases involving pharmaceutical and life sciences products
- Advising life sciences companies regarding contracts and grants with US government agencies, including Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), and counselling clients on numerous high-profile procurements under Project BioShield.
Outside of these specialised legal services, as a life sciences law firm, with specialists in pharmaceutical law, biotechnology law and medical device law, we also work alongside clients in this industry to build an online file cabinet. This invaluable data point records correspondence, pleadings, transcripts, exhibits, research memoranda, and other attorney work products, serving as the foundation for better, more efficient project management.
Are you searching for life sciences law firms to help grow and support your business? At Womble Bond Dickinson, we are proud to be considered one of the best life sciences law firms in the UK and, with bases throughout the US, we have the capacity to support you on a global scale.
Whether you’re looking for general life sciences industry legal advice or are looking for specialised support from a biotechnology law firm, medical device law firm or pharmaceutical law firm, Womble Bond Dickinson has the knowledge, resources and expertise to assist you. Browse through our Life Sciences and Pharmaceuticals lawyers and professional staff online or start the conversation directly by contacting us through our get in touch page.
What we do
- Joint ventures and collaborations
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Mass torts litigation
- IP, technology and data
- Intellectual property disputes and litigation
- Patents - chemical, pharma and biotech
- IP transactions.