Our expertise in healthcare
In the UK, as well as covering all aspects of corporate transactional work for private health and social care providers, our team also advises the full range of NHS bodies from national bodies such as NHS Digital to NHS Trusts, CCGs, GP practices and private sector suppliers across a range of areas including:
- Judicial review, public law, governance, and regulatory issues
- Complex privacy, data sharing, and information governance issues
- HR & pension issues, including TUPE transfers, secondments & employment tribunal claims
- PPP/PFI projects and LIFT schemes
- IT, digital and commercial contracts
- Joint ventures, outsourcing, and insourcing
- On all aspects relating to the provision of mental healthcare services
- Advising on regulatory enforcement action – advising clients in respect of investigations by UK regulators, including the Health & Safety Executive and Care Quality Commission, representation at interviews under caution and prosecutions of NHS Trusts and Private Healthcare providers.
In the US, our team serves on the front lines with clients, advising and providing guidance on the ever-evolving regulatory and business issues that are unique to healthcare. We offer wide-ranging corporate, anti-trust, and litigation services in the following areas:
- Appropriate structuring of transactions in consideration of regulatory and US reimbursement issues
- Antitrust considerations, including representation in federal and state investigations
- Financing transactions and negotiating tax concessions and other economic development incentives
- Federal and state regulatory compliance
- Third-party and government audits and reimbursement matters
- Health information privacy and data security compliance
- Tax and tax exemption issues
- Healthcare fraud litigation, including representation of clients involved in federal and state investigations, and US False Claims Act and qui tam litigation
- Product liability and professional liability
- Early stage planning relating to the clinical and financial integration of an organisation.
Proactive healthcare auditing and consulting services are offered through Medical and Scientific Solutions, one of our ancillary business offerings. The Medical and Scientific Solutions team includes certified, experienced coders, auditors, nurses and physicians who have real-world experience applying and analysing medical coding and documentation.