Zoe is a solicitor specialising in defendant professional indemnity work which she has done since qualifying in 2012. She defends a wide range of professionals, including solicitors, accountants, barristers and construction professionals. Zoe also undertakes professional regulatory work including complaints handling and advising professionals on disciplinary and regulatory investigations.
Zoe has experience in coverage disputes in respect of professional indemnity policies, as well as having provided coverage advice in respect of general commercial combined insurance.
Zoe carried out an 18-month secondment at a leading insurer, which has provided invaluable insight into the insurance market, including the competing interests between insurer and insured clients.
Examples of experience include:
- Defending both pre-action and litigated claims against solicitors arising out of various difference practice areas including, but not limited to, employment, wills and probate, commercial contracts, residential and commercial conveyancing, wills and trusts, family and general commercial contracts.
- Representing a qualifying insurer in arbitration proceedings against another leading insurer as a result of which claims worth c.£9M were successfully passed to the other insurer.
- Defending a quantity surveyor against high value and complex Part 20 proceedings.
- Setting claims at multi-party mediations.
- Defending a breach of privacy claim involving complex issues of confidence and privilege.