Bill Warnock concentrates his practice in complex litigation, representing a wide variety of businesses involved in the construction industry, including owners, developers, contractors, manufacturers and sureties. He is especially experienced in construction defect litigation and works closely with clients to reach their best net financial result. Bill regularly represents clients in construction contract negotiations and drafting, payment and delay claims and in all aspects of arbitration and litigation in state and federal courts. Clients have told Bill they appreciate his ability to understand and accomplish their goals.
Bill is recognized by Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings as AV Preeminent.
- Addressing Top Legal Concerns, Construction Seminar: Industry Updates and Ways to Help Your Business Excel, September 2013
- Mechanic's Liens presentation to Charleston Contractors' Association
- The Value of an Insurance-Backed Home Warranty, Co-Author, South Carolina Lawyer (July 2013)
- Roads Not Taken: EPA vs, Clean Water, 33 Env. L. 79 (2003)
- California Bar Association
- Alaska Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Former President, Charleston Chapter of Washington and Lee University Alumni Association
- Historic Charleston Foundation, Former Green Building Committee
- American Bar Association Forum on the Construction Industry
AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented owner of a large multi-use development in claims involving architect and contractor failure to properly design and construct the property.
- Represented construction manager in multi-million dollar claims involving termination of contractor on public hospital project.
- Represented surety in multi-million dollar claims against Indemnitors and in takeover of numerous institutional and commercial projects.
- Represented numerous owners and contractors in preparation and negotiation of contract documents.
- Defended construction product manufacturer in suit involving numerous institutional and government projects, as well as private projects.