“The one common experience of all humanity is the challenge of problems.”
-R. Buckminster Fuller
Clark Goodman is an experienced litigation and dispute resolution attorney who partners with clients to tackle “the challenge of problems.” He never forgets that his clients’ highest priority is to find favorable and efficient solutions—not to enhance his own personal win-loss record. However, when the only solution to a problem is litigation, he’s well prepared with a demonstrated history of favorable results in complex matters before state and federal courts and arbitral tribunals. Clients value his creativity, patience and persistence.
Clark has more than twenty-five years of experience managing disputes involving a wide range of commercial transactions, from intellectual property licensing agreements to large-scale software development projects and telecommunications franchise agreements. His practice includes the representation of financial services clients in claims arising out of consumer/retail financial products and operations, as well as representation of multinational companies in international arbitrations of cross-border disputes.
Consistent involvement in firm leadership roles has provided Clark with a better understanding of the business issues his clients face, enabling him to offer solid legal advice with commercial perspective. He is currently a member of the Firm Management Committee, Managing Partner of the Charlotte office, Charlotte office team leader for the Business Litigation Practice Group, and a former chair of the firm’s Budget Committee.
- Charles Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association
Honors and Awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (BL Rankings), Commercial Litigation, 2018 – Present
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Representing a US company in SCAI international arbitration regarding $150 million cross-border dispute over intellectual property and contractual matters arising out of patent licensing agreement.
- Represented a major national bank in defending hundreds of claims arising out of a portfolio of distressed loans, resulting in favorable decisions from state and federal courts and the bank’s recovery of millions of dollars through settlements and judgments on counterclaims.
- Represented private and public institutions in matters arising out of unsuccessful projects to customize and integrate commercial off-the-shelf software products to institutional network environments.
- Represented a local government entity in dispute over franchise agreement with telecommunications provider.
- Represented a North Carolina governmental agency in First Amendment challenge to a professional licensing scheme in well-publicized federal court litigation.