*Vickie Kelley is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
Vickie has 40 years of nursing experience that enable her to offer clients a very broad perspective for medical defense case development. She is an insightful legal nurse consultant whose expertise has proven valuable in product liability litigation in the US and abroad.
Vickie’s wide-ranging nursing career has involved various medical and psychiatric clinical settings. Her behavioral psychiatric experience includes treatment of adults and children in an inpatient hospital setting, and autistic children in an outpatient service setting. Her outpatient medicine experience encompassed the administration of chemotherapy to a variety of oncology patients, and the implementation of treatment for a variety of disciplines that included rheumatology, neurosurgery, general surgery, and dermatology. Vickie’s supervisory role in home health care included the management of homebound patients with traumatic brain injury, Alzheimer’s, stroke, ventilator-dependency, and various debilitating chronic illnesses. As the office manager of a psychiatry private practice, she performed health insurance billing and reimbursement oversight.
Vickie has utilized her exceptional management and collaboration skills to assist clients in the development of medical work products specific to their needs. She has utilized these skills for attorney support, as well as her teaching skills - having been an instructor of nursing for several years.
Vickie Kelley is not licensed to practice law. Her activities are directly supervised by members of the firm licensed to practice law in the firm’s Winston-Salem office.
- Supports a large East Coast-based law firm in the defense of product liability litigation against the automotive industry. Analyzes medical records for case specific attorney requests and develops medical work products to assist with defense development.
- Developed and implemented medical work products for global tobacco company with litigation in Spain.
- Assisted occupational medicine expert with analysis of medical records and development of defense themes for asbestos, food flavoring, and worker’s compensation litigations.
- Coordinated and executed medical analysis for 29 product liability cases involving complex developmental disabilities allegedly associated with autism on behalf of vaccine companies in joint defense.
- Identify and work with a variety of expert witnesses outside of product liability litigation, including worker’s compensation, motor vehicular accidents, and medical malpractice.