*Ms. Lee is not licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia. She is supervised by an attorney licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia.
As a corporate associate, Siaw Ching focuses her practice on representing domestic and international financial institutions and other clients, both public and private, in a broad range of regulatory, transactional and general corporate matters.
Siaw Ching has assisted companies with mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments and other transactions. She also regularly advises financial institutions on a wide range of matters under the Bank Holding Company Act and other federal and state banking laws, corporate governance, resolution planning and other general corporate matters.
A native of Malaysia, Siaw Ching started her practice in Malaysia after receiving her law degree from the University of Malay. Upon moving to the United States, Siaw Ching obtained a L.L.M. from the New York University School of Law followed by seven years of experience at an international law firm in New York. Siaw Ching is a native Mandarin speaker and fluent in Malay. Siaw Ching was honored by Super Lawyers as a NY M&A Rising Star 2014-2016.
- Representation of FirstMerit Corporation in its merger with Huntington Bancshares Incorporated.
- Representation of PacWest Bancorp in its acquisitions of Square 1 Financial, Inc. and CapitalSource Inc.
- Representation of Cablevision Systems Corporation in the sale of Bresnan Broadband Holdings, LLC to Charter Communications Operating, LLC.
- Representation of a Paris-based global specialty pharmaceutical company in two joint sales with its strategic partner of their worldwide rights to certain investigational drugs.
- Representation of a major financial institution in multiple capital raising transactions.
- Advised a major non-U.S. financial institution in the preparation of its intermediate holding company implementation plan required under Regulation YY.