Scott is a managing associate in the Commercial Dispute and Regulatory team with a specific focus on financial institutions. Scott has significant experience in all aspects of finance litigation, including (but not limited to) disputes relating to asset finance, invoice financing, factoring and consumer credit act claims. He also specialises in commercial debt claims across many jurisdictions and the recovery of funds & assets.
- A successful respondent in the Court of Appeal case of Yorkshire Bank Finance Ltd v Mulhall  EWCA Civ 1156 regarding an application to set aside a judgment and charging order under the provisions of the Limitation Act 1980
- A Retail Bank on managing a large portfolio of asset finance litigation cases
- A Leasing provider on the implication of a debt recovery process and creation of precedent documents
- A Bank in the recovery and subsequent sale of high value assets in the UAE
- A successful respondent in the Court of Appeal case of Lombard North Central plc v Automobile World (UK) Ltd in relation to an appeal against a judgment. The applicant was unsuccessful in arguing that first instance Judge was wrong not to allow the introduction of an un-pleaded issue at the conclusion of the trial.
"One to watch" - Debt Recovery