Ruth specialises in construction and engineering dispute resolution, she has experience in a wide range of disputes including contract disputes under the major standard form contracts including NEC3, FIDIC, PPA and JCT. Ruth's experience includes disputes relating to payment, delay and defects.
Ruth's recent experience includes:
- Local authority projects
- Utilities including civil and cablings works
- Housing Association schemes
- School and public sector projects
- Off-shore and energy projects
- Commercial & residential development
Ruth regularly advises clients on options for dispute resolution including adjudication, mediation and arbitration, she also has experience in the Technology and Construction Court. Ruth regularly employers, developers, contractors and subcontractors at all stages of construction projects.
- An energy supplier defending contractor's delay claims related to an off-shore wind project
- Acting for architect defending proceedings in the Technology and Construction Court regarding a project outside the jurisdiction
- Acting for contractor in successive adjudications for outstanding payments and defending alleged defects
- Acting for national power supplier in adjudication to recover outstanding payment and defending alleged defects
- Advising contractor regarding final account dispute arising out of subcontract for fit out of luxury residential apartment development in London.