Ronke is a solicitor in our commercial team and specialises in data protection and privacy law. She advises clients on various aspects of compliance with data protection law including policies and procedures, data subjects rights requests, data protection impact assessments, cross border data transfers, cookies and direct marketing strategies.
Ronke also advises clients on data sharing and data processing agreements and outsourcing agreements involving the processing and international transfer of personal data. Additionally, her experience covers data protection due diligence within the context of corporate transactions, data transfer agreements, software licencing and maintenance agreements and data protection provisions in commercial agreements.
Ronke holds a GDPR Practitioner Certificate from the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
Examples of experience include:
- providing key support to a national public organisation's data protection team on GDPR compliance queries
- remediating contracts with third party vendors for a well-known national retailer operating across the UK to ensure compliance with the GDPR
- reviewing the data protection playbook of a national retailer and supporting the drafting template controller/controller, controller/processor, processor/controller clauses
- advising an international yachting company on a data subject access request
- advising a multinational US-based organisation on the transfer of its contract database from the US to a UK supplier
- supporting the in-house data protection team of a multinational financial institution with conducting data protection impact assessments
- conducting various data subject access reviews for a major national retailer.
"Ronke's expertise, particularly in relation to GDPR was widely appreciated. She also did a great job in reviewing Appello's many contracts and tenders and provided pragmatic and commercial advice to the Sales team. We wish her all the best at Womble Bond Dickinson".