Rebecca has a diverse communications law practice, guiding clients in media law, Internet, telecom, cable, broadcast and privacy/data protection matters.
She counsels communications industry clients in negotiating contracts and complex business transactions, as well as helping them resolve disputes and regulatory challenges. Her clients include cable operators, broadband service providers, video programmers, network operators, spectrum owners, radio broadcasters and telecommunications companies.
Rebecca has extensive experience in E-Rate (Universal Service Administration Company Schools and Libraries Program) and Cable Compulsory License matters. She also guides businesses in Telephone Consumer Protection Act issues, as well as pole attachments, and program carriage issues and the negotiation of fiber leases and indefeasible rights of use (“IRU”).
In addition, Rebecca works with Womble Bond Dickinson’s Privacy and Data Protection Team to help clients protect confidential information, including trade secrets, customer data and company records.
- Member of the District of Columbia Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented innovative video streaming provider and market disruptor through the complexities of the cable compulsory license and Federal Communications Commission and US Copyright Office regulations and policy.
- Advised new market entrant to the broadband and telecommunications space on regulatory requirements for providers and on the creation of legal policies and subscriber agreements for service.
- Conduct comprehensive annual seminars and training sessions for broadband providers on the intricacies of the Schools and Libraries E-rate program.
- Have successfully represented service providers, schools and consultants in appeals of Erate funding decision denials before the Universal Service Administration Company and the Federal Communications Commission.
- Regularly advise business clients on proper marketing practices involving voice, texting and emailing campaigns for regulatory compliance, including Telephone Consumer Protection Act and CAN-SPAM compliance.