Rachel advises on complex commercial transactions, major procurements and outsourcings, with a particular focus on the transport and infrastructure sectors.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Extensively in the rail infrastructure sector, including the funding and implementation of major infrastructure projects and complex operational arrangements including regulated agreements
- In relation to the redevelopment of Gatwick Airport Station
- On Metrowest Phase 1, the UK's largest 3rd party funded rail project, to link Portishead to Bristol and Bath
- Govia Thameslink Railway Limited on its rolling stock leasing arrangements with Porterbrook for the commencement of the Thameslink, Southern and Great Northern Franchise
- Southern Railway Limited on rolling stock leasing aspects of a £317m procurement for new Gatwick Express and Thameslink trains
- Transport for London in relation to the contracts for the operation of the Congestion Charging Scheme and Low Emissions Zone
- Babcock Aerospace and Falck Fire Services as project counsel in relation to the UK MoD's Defence Fire & Rescue Project
- The Ministry of Defence on the proposed £13bn Defence Training Review Rationalisation (DTR) project for the provision of long-term training and accommodation services to the Armed Forces, and
- The Ministry of Justice on major procurements including on the £1.2bn competition for four contracts for prisoner escort and custody services at a number of UK prisons.