Rachel is a Managing Associate in the London office specialising in professional indemnity defence work for a broad range of professionals. She has particular experience in advising insurers and insureds on claims against solicitors, insurance brokers and financial professionals. Rachel also advises insurers on coverage issues arising from professional liability, D&O and FI policies.
Rachel has recently spent a year seconded to the D&O and FI team of a major insurer in the London market.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Acting for a law firm in the defence of a £4m claim arising out of their alleged failure to close a pension scheme to future accrual
- Acting for a law firm in the defence of negligence claims made in connection with commercial and residential property transactions
- Defending a firm of actuaries in a £3m negligence claim brought by trustees of a pension scheme, which arose out of the firm’s alleged failure to arrange RPI-linked annuities for retiring members
- Defending a firm of architects in relation to a c.£18m multi-party claim arising from their involvement in a residential property development
- Providing coverage advice to primary layer insurers in respect of an insured v insured claim under a D&O policy in the name of a well-known football club
- Defending a major insurance broker in relation to a £5m claim for failing to advise clients to make a blanket notification to insurers in respect of possible claims relating to pension equalisation
- Defending a complex High Court case for a national organisation, which involves a claim by 500+ individuals under a Group Litigation Order. It is alleged that its IT systems suffered from defects which caused individuals to be found wrongfully liable for financial losses, resulting in criminal convictions for theft and false accounting.