Peter specialises in data protection and privacy law. He advises clients on a wide range of data protection matters in a variety of contexts, including in relation to general data protection compliance, data processing and outsourcing arrangements, direct marketing, data subject access requests, data breaches and cross-border transfers of data.
Peter also advises on general commercial law, including in relation to outsourcing, information technology, e-commerce and intellectual property matters.
He has undertaken secondments to a global US-based financial institution, a major European pharmaceutical organisation and a FTSE 250 company. In each secondment Peter supported the internal legal teams on a variety of matters and projects, including those relating to data protection and privacy.
Following outstanding client feedback Peter was named as a star lawyer in the ‘Acritas Stars’ global database for 2018.
Examples of experience include advising:
- An international telecommunications company on the data protection and privacy issues relating to its outsourcing of an email platform for its customers
- An international manufacturer on various data protection policies (including those relating to staff monitoring); this involved obtaining and analysing advice from a number of overseas jurisdictions
- A large UK retailer on the outsourcing of its email marketing platform to Oracle
- A multinational US-based financial institution on its preparations for changes in European data protection law
- A large UK organisation on the data protection issues associated with its offering of various financial products and services on a white labelled basis.