Paula is a highly regarded development and investment lawyer with more than 30 years’ experience of advising on office, retail, industrial, residential and leisure developments of all sizes and complexities, consistently ranked as a leading individual by Chambers and Legal 500.
As well as serving on the board, Paula is a member of the Northern board of the IPF and also serves as President of Leeds Chamber of Commerce and as Vice-Chair of Opera North.
Examples of experience include advising:
- Town Centre Securities plc on New Merrion House, a redevelopment comprising the largest pre-let in Leeds for 20 years. This involved a series of inter-related development documents as well as complex corporate structuring, local authority procurement and state aid issues, highways, easements, construction, SDLT and other advice
- Wykeland Beal Limited on the redevelopment and regeneration of The Fruit Market, Hull, including a joint venture with the local authority, grant funding, procurement, guarantees, cross-rights, overage and complex development issues
- Jolan Piccadilly Limited on the redevelopment, letting and investment sale of 19–32 Piccadilly Gardens, Manchester
- Bridgewater Place, Leeds, acting for the developer on site assembly with overage ad cross-rights issues, the forward sale on a long leasehold basis of a large residential element and the letting of the office and commercial space with advice on service charge issues, rights, development funding and refinancing and the forward sale of the development. Dealing with multiple parties and their funders at every stage
- Clarence Dock, Leeds – a major regeneration site acquired and developed under a long lease from British Waterways Board on a site partly shared with Royal Armouries. Involved advice on ground rent sales, disposal of residential blocks and commercial investments, long leasehold investment sales and rack rent commercial leases all of which needed to be adapted in relation to management company and service charge structures. Then acted on the sale of the investment.