Patrick is an associate in the Corporate and Securities Group and a member of the firm’s Public Company Advisors Team. He counsels issuers, underwriters, significant stockholders, directors and executive officers in connection with IPOs, bond offerings and other transformative corporate transactions. He has significant experience drafting and negotiating various prospectuses, SEC filings, corporate governance materials, contracts and other documentation related to securities offerings. In addition, he advises clients on Exchange Act obligations, governance matters and stock exchange listing requirements.
Before joining Womble Bond Dickinson, Patrick was a corporate associate at a leading international law firm. Prior to that, he served as a legal intern for the Divison of Enforcement of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Patrick started his career working as a Certified Public Accountant. He consulted on quality of earnings and working capital engagements for M&A transactions, audited financial statements and tested the effectiveness of internal controls. This experience gives Patrick unique insight into issues he handles for his clients.
- Represented Finance of America with its debut $350 million senior notes offering and proposed business combination with Replay Acquisition Corp., a publicly traded special purpose acquisition company (SPAC).
- Represented the initial purchasers in connection with Apollo’s $500 million senior notes offering.
- Represented the underwriters in connection with First Horizon National Corporation’s $945 million in aggregate registered offerings of senior notes and preferred shares.
- Represented Hilton with a $1 billion senior notes offering.
- Represented Change Healthcare with the disposition of McKesson’s ownership interest in Change Healthcare to McKesson’s stockholders.
- Represented Carlyle with a $425 million senior notes offering and redemption of its preferred units.
- Represented Change Healthcare with its IPO and concurrent offering of tangible equity units.