Olivia is a solicitor in the Construction and Engineering Department having completed her training contract in 2021 at a commercial firm in Holborn. During her training Olivia worked with a number of SME contractors in the construction industry providing both contentious and transactional advice as well as advising several insolvent companies with respect to claims against debtors. Prior to commencing legal training Olivia worked as an engineering researcher for a recruitment consultancy and later as a construction paralegal.
Examples of experience include advising:
- An international subcontractor in an adjudication concerning alleged defects on a £750 million development
- An architectural firm with respect to drafting a set of bespoke contracts for use with Employers, Subcontractors and Suppliers
- Contractors in relation to claims for additional monies arising from delay, disruption and variations under JCT contracts
- An employer (as client representative) on the development of a series of residential properties in central London
- A multidisciplinary architectural consultancy with regard to contract amendments for a public sector employer
- Insolvent companies in respect of claims against debtors for unpaid work undertaken prior to insolvency
- An architectural firm in an adjudication against subcontractors for damage caused during works to a residential refurbishment
- A public sector body in relation to a claim for defective works against an insolvent company.