Joined the firm in October 2014 as a key client coordinator within the Legal Solutions Centre (LSC) team. Prior to joining the Firm, Odessa worked for The Cooperative Bank as a Process Analyst, supporting the delivery of change. She therefore has extensive experience in a variety of client-facing and support roles across the financial services and retail industries.
Currently Odessa is involved in the following activities:
- Creating and analysing regular and ad hoc case management/invoicing reports for several clients, using MatterCentre and Aderant reports
- Updating case records in Matter Centre for data quality assurance purposes
- Liaising with stakeholders to ensure matters are being charged in line with the correct rate schedule
- Reviewing tenders for MI requirements, providing feedback to stakeholders and raising appropriate queries with the (prospective) client
- Creating and analysing internal billing/time recording reports in order to establish team/individual performance. Presenting analysis in a variety of formats for internal/external audiences
- Reviewing LSC time recording exception reports, identifying and requesting amendments
- Reviewing LSC expenses transactions, identifying and requesting amendments
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of internal/external web content.
- Co-ordinates the monthly QBE Claims reporting. Produces MI report in MatterCentre and supervises a team of around 4 Paralegals in updating missing file data, whilst checking existing data for accuracy. Runs associated Invoicing report and Financial Summary. Delivers completed reports to internal/external client contacts within agreed deadlines. Extracts data on closed matters and provides this in a separate report for client partner in order for them to respond to QBE's subsequent closed matter analysis dashboard. Liaises with project manager in order to continually enhance the reporting process and quality of data through a monthly review meeting
- Supports the business' relationship with the Crown Commercial Service (CCS). Transfers Aderant/Lawsoft invoicing data onto the latest framework templates and submits completed reports via the MISO portal. Checks effective rates charged on all matters procured via CCS match the prevailing Lot rates, taking into account any matter-specific or volume threshold discounts. Liaises with client partner, matter lawyers and internal support teams to ensure known charging issues are rectified. Acts as a point of contact for existing/new CCS matters. Provides client partner with cumulative invoicing reports in order to monitor proximity to volume discount thresholds. Supports the re-tendering process
- Co-ordinates the production of a report for British Gas relating to defended matters. Identifies new matters using Aderant and BAU reports. Obtains information on new matters from matter lawyers. Identifies matters billed >90% of current budget and requests budget updates/feedback from matter lawyers. Updates report template with financial information received from IT. Provides matter partner with completed report template for onward delivery to client. Assists with the ongoing review of the client's reporting template
- Created report template for AIG's Non-Disclosure Agreement project in accordance with client's requirements
- Established volume of non-matter related hours recorded by LSC compared with matter-related hours recorded in order to contribute to the assessment of an appropriate LSC MRH target for the 2016 Budget Review.