Nellie has helped drive a broad variety of commercial real estate projects in over 20 years of practicing law. She has deep experience in corporate real estate, including portfolio management, expansions and relocations, and developer projects, including single-family, apartments and assisted living. She also assists clients with economic development incentives and other programs.
Nellie helps clients reach for the stars while keeping their feet on the ground. She brings to deals a dedication to understanding client goals, and customizes her counsel accordingly. She also surgically engages additional resources to address questions as needed. She thinks ahead creatively so project teams can be strategic about their next moves in a changing environment, focusing teams on both the critical details and the broader big picture. Teams work together to impose order on chaos to efficiently achieve desired results. Nellie’s clients also appreciate the sense of camaraderie that she brings to her work, and above all know that she has their backs.
Nellie thrives on utilizing an eclectic background (like computer science) to provide atypical perspectives to her clients. She loves thinking about new trends, like industry “disruption” in supply chain logistics and management and how to navigate that opportunistically. Nellie also invests herself in personal passions like human rights and actualization. She enjoys traveling widely and gardening at home, juxtaposing apparently opposite interests.
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
Recent representative projects include:
- North American corporate real estate portfolio management, acquisition and disposition for multinational technology companies, including:
- A global computer company expansion of corporate, sales, and technical support offices due to the acquisition of a competitor’s product line and associated necessary new locations.
- A global company specializing in insulation products - various real estate assignments to support strategic business decisions as they arise.
- Developer representation, including:
- Large community developments, some with active adult lifestyle components.
- Assisted living and other multifamily projects, including apartments.
- Projects with economic development features, such as a global contract pharmaceutical developer and manufacturer, a national furniture seller and international food services companies expanding manufacturing, showroom and headquarters facilities in the southeast US.