A former radar and sonar engineer, Nanda Alapati is a patent partner with more than 20 years of experience in patent acquisition, litigation and counseling. He serves both domestic and foreign clients in the electrical, computer, and mechanical arts. Nanda has prepared and prosecuted patents in the fields of analog and digital circuits, semiconductors, computer hardware and software, communication systems, optics, consumer electronics, medical electronics, automotive and aerospace technology, and machine tools.
Nanda has litigated patents in technology areas such as coaxial cable, telecommunications devices, semiconductors, computer software, cryptographic systems, and consumer electronics among others, and has also litigated trademarks and cybersquatting cases. In addition to patent prosecution and litigation, Nanda helps clients develop patent strategies, evaluate patent portfolios, and negotiate licensing and other agreements.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association Intellectual
- Property Owner’s Association
Any result the lawyer or law firm may have achieved on behalf of clients in other matters does not necessarily indicate similar results can be obtained for other clients.
- Represented winning Third-Party Requester in Inter Partes Reexamination, resulting in precedential Federal Circuit Opinion, Kennametal, Inc. v. Ingersoll Cutting Tool Co., 780, F.3d 1376, 1381 (Fed. Cir. 2015).
- Developed patent portfolio and strategy for emerging biofuels company.
- Prepared and filed multiple US and international patent applications in electronic and computer systems for leading aerospace manufacturer.
- Managed US patent procurement and enforcement program for irrigation company.
- Speaker at AIPLA meetings and pre-meetings